Deputy Chairman and CEOABN
George Twumasi is the visionary force behind ABN Holdings Limited (ABN). He has extensive professional, market knowledge of the television broadcasting and advertising landscape in Africa and has established a global network of industry contacts including France Television Publicite, Sesame Workshop, WGBH Boston, CCTV International and Liberty Global Media.
KEY PROFESSIONAL MILESTONES:
- Assisted the producers of Dialogue, a CCTV News International programme, with presidential level interviews in Africa starting.
- Origination of the pilots of the as yet to be produced Tales of Fantonia and, Zander the Azanian Warrior animated multi-media concepts targeting the African Diaspora.
- Providing consultative input, via the African Public Broadcasting Foundation, to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in the latter’s efforts to understand and support key capacity building initiatives targeting Africa’s media industries.
- Served on the Technical Committee of the African Media Initiative, an initiative that and is set to play a key role in the capacity building development of Africa’s public service television broadcasting system.
- Assisted with the entry of the DISCOP TV Market into the African market in February 2009. Globally, across the television world, DISCOP Africa is currently regarded as a powerful facilitator of viable commercial television and a necessary catalyst for the development within sub-Saharan Africa, of a quality, local content market.
- Provided commercial management expertise via ABN to support the Africa Union of Broadcasting (AUB) in the latter’s efforts to transition from the erstwhile Union of National Radio and Television Associations.
Via ABN, George is working towards the creation of a specific digital television broadcasting opportunity and an Afrocentric, content predicated social networking platform with the view to develop the rollout of a unique, value added service inspired, online community targeting the youth market across sub-Saharan Africa.
George Twumasi has been invited to speak at seminars and participate in media development workshops around the world. These include invitations to the Africa Clubs at the Harvard Business School, the London Business School and Insead. He was invited in 2011 to join in the exclusive Times of London Africa CEO Summit as a participant.
EDUCATION & AWARDS:
- George Twumasi has a postgraduate diploma from the University of Ghana affiliated National Film & Television Institute where he specialised in Film & TV Directing, Scriptwriting & Production Management.
- He won the Goethe Institute Award in 1983 for the best student documentary production at the National Film & Television Institute
- He won the KPMG enterprise initiative award in the UK in 1987.
- He won the London convened, 2008 GPA & Ghana High Commission sponsored Enterprise Innovation Award for his efforts towards the launch of ABN which is set to become Africa’s first pan-Africa free-to-air television network.
Delegate BookingsCustomer Services
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7017 5506
Exhibition & Sponsorship SalesJean-Pierre Bird
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 701 75823
Marketing & PressSubuola Akinkugbe
Telephone: +44 (0)20 3377 3161
Speaking Opportunities & AgendaJulie Rey
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7017 5394
Operator enquiries and bookingsAleksandra Mikula
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7017 5253
Operations, Venue & Exhibitor LogisticsGareth Hamer
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7017 4056
Chinese AgencyBonnie Guo
CCPIT Electronics & Information Industry Sub-Council
Address: 2/F Electronics Bldg., No. 27 Wanshou Rd., Beijing 100846, China
Telephone: +86 10 6820 0647
Fax: +86-10-8011 5555-373 226